Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Insider (1999)

Starring: Al Pacino (Lowell Bergman), Russell Crowe (Jeffrey Wigand), Christopher Plummer (Mike Wallace)

Directed By: Michael Mann

**

Intense. That's the word that jumped out at me as the ending credits rolled. It's not the sort of intense that scarred the film Momento into so many minds, or even in the way the film Hunger is. This is intensity in REALITY, perhaps a ~little~ blown up, but damn, it had me hating corporations.

The main theme is, as it is in all "Freedom of Press" marathons, the truth being revealed. I think I'll leave it at that.

I've been on a Crowe thirst lately, and I have found so far that he has a knack for completely embodying the role he's asked to play... Granted, many of his roles thus far have had a certain similar trend to them. But Crowe really has not failed one yet. And Pacino... Ah, dear dear Al. he's a magnet on that screen. On any screen actually...

I don't understand why women are so emotional... but then there are bad men too so I shouldn't complain.

See it when in mood for Truth being banged on your head pleasantly.

**

Rate: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment